Fuller Metric Parts Ltd. has been an ISO 9001 registered company since February 18th, 2008. The following processes are in place to ensure a quality product:
1. All of our vendors have a certified quality system such as ISO 9001 or equivalent in place. As we do not modify the products the vendor’s certification remains intact.
2. We only purchase from vendors who have a proven track record of providing high quality product.
3. Head markings are required according to the DIN/ISO specifications. These markings can easily be traced back to the manufacturer.
4. Lot number tracking is maintained throughout our work flow and test certificates are stored in our system.
5. Our quality control system is fully documented and records are kept on all internal testing. The level of testing is determined by our acceptance of the manufacturers own quality control procedures and our historical test data. We perform inspections according to ISO 3269 Fasteners – Acceptance Inspection at an AQL of 1.5 under ISO 2859 inspection level S-1. We use various tools such as calipers, no-go gauges, plug gauges and hardness-testing machines that allow us to verify thread, dimensional and hardness tolerances.
6. We have constant training sessions to ensure our staff is well trained.
7. Shipping mistakes by our staff are tracked and corrective action is taken immediately. We are running at 1-2 mistakes per 1,000 line items pulled.
8. Our computer system WDSII by Next Trend Software gives us 100% traceability throughout our system with bar code labelling.
We have supplied fasteners for 40 years and the rate of rejection has been extremely low. By ensuring the quality of the products when we purchase them and training our staff to identify defects we have been able to minimize any problems with quality.